Module containing abstract class about hdfs clients.
This client uses Apache 2.x syntax for file system commands, which also matched CDH4.
Rename or move a file.
In hdfs land, “mv” is often called rename. So we add an alias for
rename(). This is also to keep backward compatibility since
move()became standardized in luigi’s filesystem interface.
Override this method with an implementation that uses rename2, which is a rename operation that never moves.
remove(path, recursive=True, skip_trash=False)¶
Remove file or directory at location
- path (str) – a path within the FileSystem to remove.
- recursive (bool) – if the path is a directory, recursively remove the directory and all
of its descendants. Defaults to
chmod(path, permissions, recursive=False)¶
chown(path, owner, group, recursive=False)¶
Count contents in a directory
Copy a file or a directory with contents. Currently, LocalFileSystem and MockFileSystem support only single file copying but S3Client copies either a file or a directory as required.
mkdir(path, parents=True, raise_if_exists=False)¶
Create directory at location
Creates the directory at
pathand implicitly create parent directories if they do not already exist.
- path (str) – a path within the FileSystem to create as a directory.
- parents (bool) – Create parent directories when necessary. When parents=False and the parent directory doesn’t exist, raise luigi.target.MissingParentDirectory
- raise_if_exists (bool) – raise luigi.target.FileAlreadyExists if the folder already exists.
listdir(path, ignore_directories=False, ignore_files=False, include_size=False, include_type=False, include_time=False, recursive=False)¶
Return a list of files rooted in path.
This returns an iterable of the files rooted at
path. This is intended to be a recursive listing.
Parameters: path (str) – a path within the FileSystem to list.
Note: This method is optional, not all FileSystem subclasses implements it.